Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Times in Tamworth 12

Hello again, everyone!
 
It's just hit me that it was one year ago I graduated high school. Holy smokes, how time flies...! It literally feels like yesterday.
As for my actual yesterday, it was the 'Queen's Birthday', a Public Holiday, so the library was closed... so sorry to be emailing a day late! Since we're on the subject, however, next week I will be emailing on Tuesday again, because it's that time of year... Transfers!! I really really hope that I stay another transfer in Tamworth. Chances are I will- if anyone gets transferred, it'll be Elder Ripley, as he's been here longer- then again, God does move in a mysterious way.
 
Top news of the week: We had two more lessons this past week with Adam, Tyson's friend. In the first lesson we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I committed him to be baptized July 5th... and he accepted!! HALLELUJAH! He is definitely prepared and is super excited. Needless to say I was pretty excited too, so to celebrate we went to the store that sells American treats and I bought some salsa, Doritos and peanut butter m&ms... let's just say it was a great night!
 
We had our Zone Training Meeting up in Coffs Harbour. Elder Ripley and I woke up extra early on Thursday and had an exchange with the Zone Leaders in Coffs. It was really fun! I got to see Coffs Harbour more fully- it's beautiful! We had some good adventures and I met some very funny people. On Friday we had our Meeting and then our Zone P-Day, which we ended up doing some frisbee and footy. In the evening we went on some more trade-offs with members of the Church up there. Elder Ripley and I went with Brother Brown, the Ward Mission Leader (he's actually from Kearns, UT!), and we visited this member named Anna. She's an incredible lady- when she and her daughter joined the church about 20 years ago, her daughter's ex-boyfriend starting persecuting them. In total he blew up 8 cars, planted a bomb in their apartment complex and on several occasions tried to burn her house down. Basically it was pretty extreme. But what she said after relating these experiences really struck me, she said- "With all these trials, I knew it would either make or break my faith- thankfully, it strengthened my conviction that this church IS true, to the point that I really would've died for it". What an incredible testimony.
 
Sunday had a great miracle- Matt made it to church! He even stayed for all three hours, soaking it all up. He loved it, and so did we. He's coming along wonderfully!
 
On Sunday we dropped by Chris, Patrick and Amanda- the family we left the Book of Mormon with. We called in just for a moment, but long enough for them to ask about our names- since they figured we wouldn't tell them our first names, they decided to make up their own names for us. They picked Bob for Elder Ripley and Phil for me. Haha. We're seeing them this week which should be really good!!
 
For a Spiritual thought I'd like to refer you all to Mormon 9:27. I love this verse. To me, the power phrase, "Doubt not, but be believing" really sticks out. In whatever phase of life we may be in, whatever trial- we need to exercise our faith, to actively choose to trust and believe in the safety of our Savior. After all, what could be more sure?
 
And an Aussieism: One of my personal favorites, "Sticky Beaking" is to be nosy or snoopy. A "Sticky Beak" is someone who sticks their nose into everyone's business. I just think it sounds so funny!
 
Well, I love you all and hope you have a great week! Sorry for the short email, but enjoy the Summer Sun for me!
 
Cheers,
 
Elda Easton

No comments:

Post a Comment