Thursday, February 27, 2014

Week in Review

Hope it's been another great week for everyone!
This week I had a once-in-a-lifetime experience: I got to shake hands with and listen to one of the Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ- Elder Russell M. Nelson!! It was one of the coolest experiences ever. On wednesday we had a whole mission conference, combined with the South Mission, and Elder Nelson came and spoke to us. Talk about incredible! As soon as he walked into the room, the Spirit was so strong. It was inspiring. Definitely the highlight of my week!
Not much movement as far as our investigators- Jim has been getting a lot of anti-literature, so it's hard to answer a lot of his questions. He's still coming to church though, which is a really good sign. Graham is.. well Graham. He's just bogan, but I love it. We're planning to teach him the Word of Wisdom this week... wish us luck! As for Ray, Yosuke and the others... they're doing great.
This week the other set of elders in Summerhill had 2 BAPTISMS! Holy smokes! It was awesome, I'm really proud of them. Certainly puts the pressure on Elder Evans and I, that's for sure!
In other news, the uni starts back up this week which I am SO STOKED about. Finally there'll be some more students, and hopefully lots of exchange students.. hehe. Pray that I'll get to meet some Koreans! I'm super excited to get back into finding full force.
Something kind of fun, I tried a Lemington for the first time this week! It was at the Sebastions, the aboriginal family that fed me snake, and although it looked dodgy it was actually pretty good. Check that one of the "Australian things to do" list.
Speaking of Australia, here's the weekly Aussieism: You know how we say "Chug" or "Gulp" when you down a drink really quickly? Well here they don't say either of those, but rather, "Skull". Example: "I'm so thirsty I could skull that whole pitcher of water!" or "I ran in from the heat and skulled the whole milk carton". It's one of my favorite words now, for sure.
As for a spiritual thought, I'd like to share something from the wise words of Elder Nelson at our conference last week. He said, "The Lord uses the unlikely to do the impossible". How true is that? In missionary work as well as in all aspects of life, I am finding more and more that Heavenly Father doesn't always use the way we think it should be done, but he always gets it done. Think about the Restoration of the Church by a young farm boy, or the commoner Mary to birth the Savior, or a 19 year old boy to share the gospel... and yet we find that those unlikely ways are always the most effective. Love it.
Hope you all have a great week! Saranheo!
Elder Easton
 
P.S. There was a HUGE rainstorm the past 2 weeks, and this was the sunset that followed immediately after a dounpour. I live in PARADISE 

No comments:

Post a Comment