Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hello Again!

Hello again, everyone!
Another fantastic week has passed by down under. And you know why it was so great? Because I celebrated my birthday! Whoo hoo! I'm officially an old fart.
Mom and Dad, thanks for the birthday package- it came right on time! I loved the treats, thank you so much! My birthday was pretty much smash. My companion made me breakfast, which was super nice, and then we had trade-offs scheduled with the Travelling Elders (I'll tell you more about them in a second). Anyways we ended up doing street contacting most of the day, and proved to be pretty successful! We added a few new student investigators, and even picked up 3 formers! So blessings for sure. I also had a great birthday lunch, thanks for shouting mom and dad- it was, of course, Korean bulgogi. Mmmm, my favorite. Unfortunately I couldn't find any Meyugook, which is this seaweed soup Koreans have on their birthdays. I'll have to let you know if I find a store that sells it!
So about the traveling elders. There were 2 Japanese elders in my mission who had to end a few months early in order to get into uni back home, apparently it's a really strict system. Anyways, they spent this last transfer going on 3-day exchanges with all the district leaders in the mission, and so last week they came and met with me! It was pretty great. They had some really awesome ideas for the area, and I'm excited to see what changes will come because of it. I'll have to let you know what happens! (P.S. the elders went home yesterday!)
Other miracles- I FOUND A KOREAN TO TEACH! Like, this is a huge miracle! Her name is Joy and she in on working holiday, so has heaps of time to meet with us. Please please please pray for her, I'm really excited for the potential there, and most importantly because, well, SHE'S KOREAN! Christmas Miracle.
As for the other investigators, they're doing alright. We've been having to do a few "Do-or die" lessons, as they call them, because many of our investigators are what we call "Eternigators", meaning they've been taught everything many times and still won't commit. We haven't dropped anyone yet, but I have a feeling we'll be having more make-or-break lessons soon. We did TRIPLE our teaching pool, which is super exciting. The Uni has finally started and so I'm ready to go harvest the fresh new crop of Asians.
And perhaps my favourite miracle of the week- we received a headquarters referral for a young couple that lives in the city, on Liverpool St. We went to the address... to find out there was no building 158. We walked around and around it, but no, the address was faulty. Pretty dissapointing. Walking back to the car, an old Isreali couple asked for directions, and we ended up walking them to their hotel. They weren't too keen, but as we helped them find their hotel... we found a second Liverpool St! Who'd've thunk! And, of course, on this street there was in fact a number 158. They weren't home, but we left our contact info so hopefully we'll be hearing from them soon. I know without a doubt that helping the old couple was inspired.. someone really wants this couple to learn, that's for sure.
So needless to say, my week has been great. I've seen heaps more miracles that I don't have time to share, but I can share this- I know that they really ARE miracles from God, and that He really does live and loves each and every one of his children. This truly is His work, and it's hastening!! How wonderful to get to play a part in such a marvelous work.
Much love,
Finally-19-year-old Elder Easton
 
P.S. Aussieism of the week: "You looked nekid". No, not naked.Nekid.. apparently a slang word for tired. At least I hope so.
 
P.P.S. A Few other things I forgot to mention-
A Recent Convert had her birthday on the 28th, and so she threw us a combined birthday party! Pictures to follow.
Stake Conference was on Sat/Sun, and I got to sing in the Institute Choir. Loved it!
...And that's all for now, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment